Australian and New Zealand Internet S30 Z Register
|HS30-000084 240Z /1970|
Most Recent Owner:
(Owner Details Private)
Location: Queensland - Australia
Owner from 2007 to Present
Engine #: -
Paint Colour: Original 904 White
Interior Colour: Black
Engine #: L24-013021
Paint Code: 904 - White
I bought this car off the first owner back in 2007 and let it sit under the house until last month. I went to start it and found a healthy rats nest sitting on the manifold. He had also decided to snack on my leads and hoses. I cleaned it out and decided that it would be good to take it to the Motorfest 2012 which was just over three weeks away. Since the car was stuck in the garage (it wan't running) I decided to try and become a newbie mechanic and do as much as I could myself. I want the car to be as orginal as possible. I borrowed the tools from a mate because an adjustable wrench only does so much and used the manuals to help explain everything to me. I used photos to make sure I remembered where everything went and worked by handheld light. It is all I had at the time.
In the three weeks leading up to the show:
- Took the carbies to have a refurbishment, clean and adjustment.
- Stripped out the engine bay and hired a hoist to remove the engine.
- Delivered the engine off to get a stock rebuild (Mainly rings and bearings). I matched the Nissan blue on the block to the alternator arm.
- Redyed the original rear deck carpet.
- Painted air cleaner, fan and splashpan to original specs.
- Repaired the original antenna buy putting in a new mast.
- Refurbished the alternator, manifold, distributor and anything else that could be ripped off the engine.
- Reconnected the muffler assembly from engine to tip.
- reconnected the engine and clutch and connected everything back together.
- Replaced the original steel rims with a set of polished Shelby 500's from the early 70's. I am old school.
- Replace tyres from 180/175 R14 to 215/60 R14 to keep the same rolling diamter and stock ride height.
- Replaced any busted or aging hoses.
- Bunch of other minor stuff to boring to mention.
- General clean and polish
managed to get her going on the day before the event.
Added: June 4, 2012
Updated: September 11, 2015